Re: dlopening installable ltdl modules failing (OS X problem only)

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: dlopening installable ltdl modules failing (OS X problem only)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 00:01:07 -0500

On Aug 18, 2007, at 11:27 PM, David Fang wrote:

        I'm stlll curious why the tests that fail on darwin actually
*work* on linux and freebsd...  After digging through more of
libtool/ltdl's internals, I'm still a bit puzzled how those systems
magically found an uninstalled module's uninstalled dependent libraries during make check testing, @emph{without any additional assistance from
search paths}.  (Wherein lies the magic?)

The builddir runpath is encoded in the libraries when they are created, you can see with ldd lib/.libs/depmod.so, or by looking at the build logs, darwin does not yet have -rpath, and I'm, as yet, unsure what to do with libtool when it does.

Peter