Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GCC

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH and GCC
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:38:13 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Jason Curl wrote:

Hello,

Since migrating over to 'libtool' with automake to compile my packages, on Solaris 9 and 10 we're now getting the new error:

ld.so.1: /home/user/myprog: fatal: libgcc_s.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed

[ stuff removed ]

As the location of this library is specified by GCC, is there any way to automatically figure out where it is and tell the linker it should look there for the library?

Under Solaris, I make GCC's libgcc_s.so.1 available in a shared area (e.g. /usr/local/lib) and tell the system to look there using 'crle'. The problem is therefore resolved, and the program itself is not dependent on the location of libgcc_s.so.1.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn