Re: Libtool is "unfatting" my universal binaries

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: Libtool is "unfatting" my universal binaries
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 01:06:49 +0200

On Oct 8, 2007, at 12:59 AM, Brian wrote:

Thanks. Can you explain why it only works on the host? I haven't tested it, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why would the compiler/linker have the capability to produce libraries/binaries for another architecture if you can't run it on that architecture?!

You *can* run it for another architecture, the problem is that many projects forgot to do so, because their buildfarm built universal binaries and tested them on a single platform, thus forgetting to test the binary on the other platform(s) too. It's a common pitfall and I simply warned you it's quite a common one.

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory