Re: Relinking issue

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Relinking issue
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:10:36 +0200

Hello Markus,

* Duft Markus wrote on Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:40:24AM CEST:

> I'm again having issues with relinking: I have
> shlibpath_overrides_runpath set to yes (which is really true now for my
> compiler), which effectively prevents relinking, but only of libraries.
>
> Somehow executables are still relinked, and i just can't find the place
> where this happens. Something in the back of my mind tells me that it
> has something to do with the lt-${name} executables, could this be
> correct?

It's the other way round: because relinking is done, the .libs/lt-$name
executable files are created.

> In my last port of libtool, i simply removed the lt- from the program
> name and as far as i remember this solved the issue. Still i think this
> is not correct.

No, that's merely bugging around the symptoms.  If you want to backport
the real fix from CVS HEAD to branch-1-5, then I suggest you go and look
up the patch that fixed the issue in HEAD, and any changes that it
depends on.  Sorry that I don't have the resources to do so, but if I
were you, I would either simply base upon CVS HEAD, or go look up the
changes through CVS or the viewcvs web interface, and corresponding
discussions in the mailing list archives if any.

Hope that helps.