Re: inter-library linking

From: Joachim Worringen
Subject: Re: inter-library linking
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:24:27 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
1) Explicit linkage of libshared against libfoo should cause the runtime
linker to pull it in:
  lib_LTLIBRARIES = libfoo.la libshared.la
  libshared_la_LIBADD = libfoo.la
  libfoo_la_SOURCES = ...

If that's what you already did, but it's producing errors anyway, then
please post a build log that contains the mode=link and mode=install
commands for both of these libraries plus all output they generate,
and the error output of the `LD_PRELOAD=...' command.
I did this - I will re-iterate and post the log.

Good, because I don't yet see why this doesn't work.

I tested it again, and it now works like a charm - maybe too good? I link "libshared" against the shared "libfoo" as a libtool archive (as shown above), and all symbols from libfoo are placed within libshared; no references to libshared remain in libfoo. Is this the expected behaviour?

More details if required.

 Joachim

--
Joachim Worringen, Software Architect, Dolphin Interconnect Solutions
phone ++49/(0)228/324 08 17 - http://www.dolphinics.com