Re: Sun Studio linking issues in Solaris 9

From: David Halik
Subject: Re: Sun Studio linking issues in Solaris 9
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 13:16:40 -0500

[...]
libauthldap_la_LINK = $(LIBTOOL) --tag=CC $(AM_LIBTOOLFLAGS) \
      $(LIBTOOLFLAGS) --mode=link $(CCLD) $(AM_CFLAGS) $(CFLAGS) \
-       $(libauthldap_la_LDFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@
+       $(LDFLAGS) $(libauthldap_la_LDFLAGS) -o $@
am_libauthmysql_la_OBJECTS = authmysql.lo preauthmysql.lo \
      authmysqllib.lo
libauthmysql_la_OBJECTS = $(am_libauthmysql_la_OBJECTS)

This suggests that -l flags are ut in libauthldap_la_LDFLAGS.
This isn't right.  Put them in libauthldap_la_LIBADD, or in LIBS,
then they appear after LDFLAGS and everything will work as intended.

Hope that helps.

You're right, and they are. I totally agree with you, but apparently the courier maintainer feels otherwise. He's telling me that the Makefile.in is libtool generated and that libtool is putting the -l flags in libauthldap_la_LDFLAGS. I'm going to go pull that part out of the Makefile.in and forward your response back to him. I don't see how libtool could be at fault here when the arguments are being given to libtool incorrectly.

Thanks for the help anyways,
-Dave

--
David Halik