Re: Linker archives and dependency_libs

From: Micha Lenk
Subject: Re: Linker archives and dependency_libs
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 16:55:28 +0100

reassign 451582 libgwenhywfar47-dev
thanks

Hi Kurt,

Kurt Roeckx schrieb:
> There are 2 problems here:
> - libtool uses the .la files when it finds them.  And tries to read
>   all of them.  If one of the files mentioned isn't available, it
>   will and should fail.  There are 2 ways to deal with this (in Debian):
>   - Add the right Depends to your -dev package.  This is also needed
>     for static linking.

As I don't ship static libraries in libgwenhywfar47-dev, I will do the
latter:

>   - Don't ship the .la files if you don't need them for other reasons

Apparently they aren't needed any more (both build-depending packages
libchipcard and libaqbanking do build without problems if it's missing).
Thus I reassign the bug to libgwenhywfar and fix it there.

Kurt, thank you for your advice.

Regards
  Micha