Re: libtool finding wrong version of library

From: John Cartwright
Subject: Re: libtool finding wrong version of library
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:51:02 -0700

Thanks for your suggestion Peter. That didn't seem to make a difference assuming that having the new libtool first in the PATH would cause it to be used in the build. I'll wait until 1.5.26 is available and try again.

-- john

Peter O'Gorman wrote:
John Cartwright wrote:
Hello All,

I'm using libtool 1.5.22 on a RHEL 5 64-bit system.  My problem is that
libtool seems to be picking up an older 32-bit version of a library
rather than the newer 64-bit version that I need.  I've tried putting
the correct one first in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but that doesn't seem to
help.  Can someone suggest a way that I can influence libtool's behavior
on this?

Hi John,

Using libtool-1.5.24 will probably help you, see the recent thread
'bi-arch build problem: cannot build 64-bit libs on ppc64' for more.

Thanks,
Peter