Re: [sr #106237] Newbie: libltdl not matching #include <ltdl.h>

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: [sr #106237] Newbie: libltdl not matching #include <ltdl.h>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:13:09 -0600

Ken Dickey wrote:

> I see nothing in
>      http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual.html#Dlpreopening
> which leads me to a solution which works [I did try adding "-export-dynamic"
> with the same result].

You need to use libtool to compile and link for
LTDL_SET_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS to work. The symbol list is generated by
libtool at link time and linked into the program.

That being said, you probably do not need to use
LTDL_SET_PRELOADED_SYMBOLS(); at all if you require some kind of dlopen
support (dlopen, shl_load, LoadLibrary etc), as it is only useful when
you "dlopen" a static archive.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman