Re: HEAD testsuite.

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: HEAD testsuite.
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:27:33 +0100

Hello Markus,

Again, for the umpteenth time: please do not top-post.

* Duft Markus wrote on Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 03:43:20PM CET:

> > Could it be, that the autotest testsuite behaves badly if building
> > out-of-source?

No.  Well, it could be, but you'd have to prove it by showing the
commands you issued and the output you got (copy and paste, no editing,
please; something reproducible).

> > I'm getting a whole bunch of file not founds with
> > relative paths within the source dir. If yes, for now I will finish my
> > libtool port with building inside the source dir, so I manage to
> > fugure out which failures are my fault :)

My guess is, all of them.  I always use a separate build tree.

> Another one... The "run" scripts for the failed tests seem to miss some
> quoting (for exmaple my preprocessor is <compiler> -E, so i get:
> testsuite: invalid option: -E...

That *may* or may not be an issue.  I'd need to know the Autoconf
version used to generate the tests/testsuite file, and again, see
a reproducible example.