Re: GNU Libtool 2.1b released (alpha release)

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.1b released (alpha release)
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 21:33:00 +0100

Hi Bob,

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 05:21:19PM CET:

> Using BUILT_SOURCES is similarly evil to using SUBDIRS to a project
> desiring a completely non-recursive build.

I suppose you know of a better, portable way?

> If there is a way to replace this with proper dependencies/rules prior
> to release, I would be very happy indeed.

If I knew one, I surely would have told you about it.

> Ralph says this is not important but to me it is like purchasing a
> brand new sports car and noticing a small key mark on the driver side
> door.  Not important to function but annoying as hell to the
> innate perfectionist.

But you haven't paid anything for that car (besides lots of help and
testing effort, of course, for which I would like to thank you!), and
that car is hardly a sportive one as it one has to run on crooked train
tracks that run alongside a steep slope, and be prepared for falling
rock.  With such a rough car, a key mark is hardly noticeable.  ;-)

Ah, and I write myself with 'f'.