RE: Subject: [libtool 2.1c] testsuite: 44 45 46 failed

From: Duft Markus
Subject: RE: Subject: [libtool 2.1c] testsuite: 44 45 46 failed
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:38:49 +0100

Ralf Wildenhues <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
> You have several options to avoid this failure:
>
> - find out why timestamps are not in the right order after
>    libtoolize --ltdl=sub/ltdl
>
> (inside sub/ltdl, configure.ac should come before aclocal.m4 should
> come before configure and Makefile.in).  This is a bug.  It seems
> that has to do with your system's symlink semantics.
>
> - upgrade to Automake 1.10 locally (your automake 1.9.6 gets run
> accidentally by the test due to above timestamp messup.  This is
> because having a toplevel package
>
> - Fix your local automake 1.9.6 installation by using this patch:

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general/8191/focus=8200>

Ok Thanks. I will have a look at this. For Symlinks: i use cp -p instead
of ln -s. can this cause the misbehaviour?

For Automake: i have gentoo/alt-prefix portage installed as system, so
i'm using whatever a corresponding linux for example would use. I now
double checked, but it seems i have only one automake installed:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/automake-1.10  0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
mduft build.libtool $ type automake
automake is /opt/gentoo/usr/bin/automake
mduft build.libtool $

As for the patch for 1.9.6: i cannot find a 1.9.6 installation here. I
will try and rebootstrap everything, but i have done this before running
the testsuite as far as i remember....

Cheers, Markus