RE: Subject: [libtool 2.1c] testsuite: 44 45 46 failed

From: Duft Markus
Subject: RE: Subject: [libtool 2.1c] testsuite: 44 45 46 failed
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:53:30 +0100

<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.libtool.general/8191/focus=8200>

> Ok Thanks. I will have a look at this. For Symlinks: i use cp -p
> instead of ln -s. can this cause the misbehaviour?
>
> For Automake: i have gentoo/alt-prefix portage installed as system, so
> i'm using whatever a corresponding linux for example would use. I now
> double checked, but it seems i have only one automake installed:

> Calculating dependencies... done!
> [ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/automake-1.10  0 kB
>
> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
> mduft build.libtool $ type automake
> automake is /opt/gentoo/usr/bin/automake
> mduft build.libtool $
>
> As for the patch for 1.9.6: i cannot find a 1.9.6 installation here. I
> will try and rebootstrap everything, but i have done this before
> running the testsuite as far as i remember....

Hi!

This has to be a problem of every gentoo linux or gentoo/alt-prefix
installation on any host system: automake is a link to am-wrapper.sh
which in turn looks at Makefile.in to find out which version of automake
to use. If there is no Makefile.in it uses the newest (1.10) .... Arg.
This means, that it will allways use 1.9.6 here, until 1.9.6 is
uninstalled from the system (yes i missed it before, it _is_ installed
of course...).

So of course this is not a libtool bug. I will talk to gentoo guys to
further follow this. Thanks for the help so far.

Cheers, Markus