Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command no

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command not found"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:45:06 -0600

snowcrash+libtool wrote:

>> Now that I think about it, I would bet that the version of libtool.m4
>> that gets included in configure does not match the version of ltmail.sh
>> and does not substitute sed.
>>
>> Likely there is a libtool.m4 in acinclude.m4 or something.
>
> there is in aclocal.m4 ... not clear 2 me what to do about it. or, if
> the 'do' is a fix in idn itself ...

[adding the list]

ltmain.sh is from libtool-2.1b, aclocal.m4 has libtool.m4 from 1.5.27,
and then later ,via m4_include, includes libtool.m4 from 2.1b. You have
created a monster!

Ensuring that glibtoolize, autoconf and automake are all installed in
the same prefix will usually fix problems like this. Also ensure that
there is only one libtool.m4 in that prefix/share/aclocal*

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman
http://pogma.com