Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command no

From: snowcrash+libtool
Subject: Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command not found"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:05:16 -0800

>  Looks like libidn includes libtool-2.1b.

honestly, it never dawned on me to check -- 1st time i've ever come
across an app that has *newer* libtool than my self built.

>  rm m4/lt* m4/libtool.m4 build-aux/ltmain.sh
>  Then retry your glibtoolize autoreconf.

that did the trick! thx!

i *thought* that forcing gibtoolize with "-f" would overwrite / make
consistent all files with local env's versions -- i thought that was
the purpose in the 1st place.  apparently not always ...

so, as i've now seen libtool 2.x "in the wild", is it time to update
to the 2x branch?  how's backward compat / breakage of older,
still-using-15x stuff, in general?

thx again.