Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command no

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: 'make' w/ latest 1.5-branch (1.5.27a) fails @ "X--tag=CC: command not found"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:19:29 -0500

Hello schneecrash+libtool ;-)

On 29 Feb 2008, at 14:05, snowcrash+libtool wrote:
so, as i've now seen libtool 2.x "in the wild", is it time to update
to the 2x branch?

If you wait just 24 hours or so, I'll release 2.2 proper.

how's backward compat / breakage of older,
still-using-15x stuff, in general?

We've tried to maintain full backwards compatibility with 1.5.x, although the documented M4 API is entirely different. If autoupdate doesn't migrate your configure.ac to the new API, then that's a bug in the libtool release...

Cheers,
        Gary
--
  ())_.              Email me: address@hidden