Re: MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 00:30:03 +0100

Hello Erik,

* Erik de Castro Lopo wrote on Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 12:04:00AM CET:

> I have a project that uses autoconf/automake/libtool and I'm
> currently experimenting with the i586-mingw32msvc linux hosted,
> win32 target cross compiler tool chain. I'm also using Wine
> to do two things; allow configure tests that need to run an
> executable to work correctly, execute the test suite.
>
> The problem I'm having is that the wrapper scripts generated
> by ltmain.sh in the tests/ directory cannot find the generated
> DLL in the src/.lib/ directory. Is this a bug or am I doing
> something wrong?

Not sure.  Do the scripts set PATH to contain the directory?
Can you post the link command and its output, and the wrapper
script?

> I'm using libtool version 1.5.26.

FWIW, 2.2 is the current stable but it has a bug regarding
cross-compile to w32 which has only been fixed in the CVS
version.  It works differently wrt. the wrappers, though.