Re: MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite

From: Roumen Petrov
Subject: Re: MinGW linux to win32 cross compiler and the test suite
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:43:32 +0200

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
Hi all,

I have the beginnings of a solution to this issue.

If I hack the libtool generated wrapper script and replace this:

      exec "$progdir/$program" ${1+"$@"}

with
      WINEDLLPATH="$PATH;$WINEDLLPATH"
      exec wine "$progdir/$program" ${1+"$@"}

My test suite works. Ie, I cross compile from Linux to win32 and
the test suite gets run under wine. Personally, I find this an
huge improvement over developing on windows.

I now have a follow up question. Would it be possible/desirable to
have autoconf/automake/libtool do the following:

  1) Detect if cross-compiling from x86 linux to win32.
  2) If 1) is true, detect precence of wine.
  3) If 2) is true and wine is present, write a wine specific
     version of the output wrapper scripts.

Cheers,
Erik

Just setup binfmt-support.