Re: Customizing soname

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Customizing soname
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:48:23 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

I think that infrastructures such as libtool should allow customization
of any attribute that affect the output. Of course there should be defaults
but it should allow overriding to allow customization. This especially true
when the customization is simple to implement and to maintain.

Since libtool is "portability" software, each requested feature needs to be evaluated based on its impact to portability and its usefulness on many platforms.

Your request is the first I can recall for supporting the ability to customize soname.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn