Re: "libtool" performance... / was: Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-inLibtoo

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: "libtool" performance... / was: Re: Announcing Dolt, a drop-inLibtool replacement which cuts build timesin half
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:17:10 +0200

* Roland Mainz wrote on Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 09:08:55PM CEST:

> BTW: I forgot one optimisation: The whole libtool script can be compiled
> using ksh93's shell script compiler ("shcomp") to squish even more
> performance out of the script (the performace will come closer to what
> someone would expect some an implementation in native JAVA/C++ code
> then...).

Whatever optimization you can provide, we would like to see how it
compares with current CVS HEAD Libtool.  We are happy to accept patches
that improve things for ksh93 if they are maintainable, don't harm other
systems (more general patches are preferable), and don't regress with
HEAD's testsuite; please note that nontrivial patches need FSF copyright
assignment.  Send patches to the libtool-patches list.