Re: support of the cegcc compiler

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: support of the cegcc compiler
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:34:06 +0200 (CEST)

2) With those patches, libtool can now create dll's with cegcc. But I have that message when it tries to create the dll of my lib:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lws2.

etc... saying it can not create the shared lib of my lib because the shared version of libws2 does not exist. Usually, there are 2 things to do:

a) provide the dll associated to that static lib
b) pass -no-undefined (specific to Windows platform, not necessary on linux) to libtool (add it in *_la_LDFLAGS in Makefile.am's, for example).

Of course, i added -no-undefined but there is no dll for libws2.

The only exception i found was with mingw and those static libraries. From libtool version 1.5.24, it can create the dll of my lib, even if the dll of those libraries (lwsock2, libiberty, etc...) do not exist. I recall that with previous version (1.5.22 or maybe the one below), it can not.

i've just found that page:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/meilof/2004/12/index.html

in the blog of the 13 december, a hack is given. I don't know if it is good or not at all, but maybe it can give some ideas

Note that if I indeed comment the "if" statement, the dll is built

regards

Vincent