Re: sysroot support in libtool

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: sysroot support in libtool
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 22:26:11 +0200

* Richard Purdie wrote on Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 08:53:10PM CEST:

> The patches we're using are publicly available as:
> http://svn.o-hand.com/view/poky/trunk/meta/packages/libtool/libtool-1.5.10/

Let's take a look at the simple ones:

> nmedit_fix.patch - Call host-triplet-nmedit, not just "nmedit"

This patch shouldn't be needed any more with 2.2.2.

> sedvar.patch - Fixes some issue we saw when $SED wasn't set

Shouldn't be needed any more either.

> tag.patch - The tag errors were breaking things for no good reason so we
> turned the error into a warning

Well, don't come crying for bad performance to us if you do things like
this.  Letting libtool infer the tag is rather expensive, at least
relatively, for 2.2.2 on modern systems where there are few other forks
needed.

> uclibc.patch - Tweaks to libtool.m4 to support uclibc

If this happens to be needed for 2.2.2 as well, I'd like this one
submitted to libtool-patches, ideally including a ChangeLog entry
and testsuite results for this system, thanks.