libtool.m4 not always copied

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: libtool.m4 not always copied
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:03:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I'm using libtool 2.2.3a (cvs, actually) and i'm trying to find out why some lib are not configured correctly, while other are.

My problem is that ECHO and OBJDUMP are not defined when I'm configuring libpng 1.2.26, while it's perfectly defined with another lib. I'm doing cross-compiling for the cegcc compiler (i've improved the patch i've sent to the libtool patch ML, but i want to solve all the problems i encounter before sending it again).

I've grep'ed OBJDUMP and i've remarked that with libpng, it's never defined, and in addition libtool.m4 and other m4 files that lib should (must ?) copy are not in the libpng directory. I don't know if it's related, but i prefer asking anyway :)

I have the same problem with ECHO, which is not defined too.

With the other lib, there is no problem at all. The m4 files are correctly copied and used.

So I would like to know why libtoolize does not copy those files with the libpng library. And if someone knows why OBJDUMP is not defined, i would be glad to know :)

thank you

Vincent Torri