Re: move to git

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: move to git
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 00:28:56 +0200

* Andreas Schwab wrote on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 12:14:12AM CEST:
> Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > GNU Libtool's primary source repository is now managed with git:
> > <http://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=libtool>
> >
> > Note that there were several conversions, so the current repo has been
> > rewound and is not a continuation of the earlier, read-only git repo.
>
> There are now many release-* tags that point to the same commit, which
> is preceded by a series of commits that only change the file libtool.prj
> (apparently some kind of control file for PRCS).  In the CVS repository
> these tags were all conntected to different changesets.

That would be release-0-6b through release-1-2c, right?

I don't quite understand what happened.  With the repo converted from
CVS, the tag SHAs were all different, but they already pointed to the
same tree object.  After the filter-branch rewrite, they now all have
the same SHA.  I suspect the bug happens earlier.  Jim, can you take
a look?

Thanks,