Re: HEADS-UP: git repo issues

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: HEADS-UP: git repo issues
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 12:19:23 +0200

Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> * Andreas Schwab wrote on Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 11:50:58AM CEST:
>>
>> AFAICS the history in the git repository correctly matches the CVS tree,
>> only the tags are pointing to the wrong commits.
>
> Did you check whether the correct commits are even present in the tree?
> If so, then I suppose we can fix them up manually.

The basic problem seems to be that the history of the libtool.prj files
is about 18 months younger than the rest of the history, but still
tagged with the corresponding release tags.  This confuses cvsps, which
has associated the tags with the dates corresponding to the libtool.prj
history.  I think it should be possible to find the correct commits for
these tags.

>> Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> writes:
>> >    git tag -d `git tag -l`
>> >    git pull
>>
>> Just running git fetch --tags should be enough.
>
> If you have already fetched the wrong tags before, then that won't
> overwrite them.

Works for me with the default git configuration.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, address@hidden