Re: Problems with libtool 2.2.2 and /bin/sh pointing to dash

From: Ross Burton
Subject: Re: Problems with libtool 2.2.2 and /bin/sh pointing to dash
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:39:12 +0000 (UTC)

Gary V. Vaughan <gary <at> gnu.org> writes:
>  If you are upgrading projects
> that used this idiom to libtool 2.0 or newer, you should replace those
> calls with direct references to the equivalent Autoconf shell variables
> that are set by the configure time tests before being passed to
> `config.status' for inclusion in the generated libtool script.

At the moment, GTK+ does this in configure:

deplibs_check_method=`(./libtool --config; echo 'eval echo
$deplibs_check_method') | sh`
if test "x$deplibs_check_method" '!=' xpass_all || test "x$enable_static" = xyes
; then

Am I right in thinking that the first line can be removed, as initialising
libtool will have created and set the variable "deplibs_check_method"?  Was this
behaviour present in libtool 1.5?

Cheers
Ross