Re: specified shared libraries, build succeeds, but no shared libraries?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: specified shared libraries, build succeeds, but no shared libraries?
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 05:29:48 +0200

Hi Ed,

* Ed Hartnett wrote on Mon, May 05, 2008 at 04:38:37PM CEST:
> I have a library which builds well with most compilers and platforms
> I'm testing on, there is a problem with shared library build with the
> intel compiler.
>
> I specify --enable-shared, and the build succeeds, but no shared
> library (that is, .so) file seems to be installed. I get a .a file,
> but no .so file.

Please look at
  ./libtool --features

whether shared libraries got enabled.
If yes, then show the output of
  cd libsrc
  rm -f libnetcdf.la
  make libnetcdf.la

If no, then show the exact configure command line you issued, its
output, and look at config.log for clues as to why shared library
support got disabled (if you send config.log, please gzip it).