Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs

From: Vikram Ambrose
Subject: Re: Separate CPPFLAGS for static and shared libs
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 10:53:56 -0400

Andreas Schwab wrote:
Vikram Ambrose <address@hidden> writes:

Can someone suggest a way I can produce both a static and shared library
with libtool/autoconf/automake that are compiled with different CPPFLAGS?

You can use #ifdef PIC.

Andreas.

I looked up fpic and fPIC in the gcc man page. I dont understand how this helps. Could you elaborate?

Vikram

--
Vikram Ambrose | Linux Products Division | WindRiver Corporation