Re: Compiling into chroot

From: Richard Purdie
Subject: Re: Compiling into chroot
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:14:38 +0100

On Thu, 2008-06-12 at 22:03 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On 6/12/08, Roumen Petrov <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  It look like an enhancement request. libtool to obey as example
> > FAKEROOT=/tmp/device-root and to look first in $FAKEROOT/path1
> >  , ... and $FAKEROOT/pathN and later in /path1,... and /pathN .
>
> This what I had in mind.
> It also should append the FAKEROOT to pathes read from .la files.

You mean prepend :)

This is the same issue as the sysroot one I've previously mentioned.
OpenEmbedded currently hacks the .la files in its staging area to
include the sysroot prefix but this means you can't use staging as a
chroot. I've not had time to look into doing anything about this feature
but I would love to see it!

Cheers,

Richard