Re: Compiling into chroot

From: Alon Bar-Lev
Subject: Re: Compiling into chroot
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 22:43:09 +0300

On 6/12/08, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>

> > After installing I want to perform:
> > chroot /tmp/device-root /bin/whatever
> >
> > And continue from there.
> > So all elements (linkage, .la) should be related to the chroot and not
> > to host filesystem.
> >

>  Why not just add a /tmp/device-root symbolic link to '/' in your chrooted
> space?  Then everything will be happy.
>
>  The alternative is to use a script to update all of the installed .la files
> to use the new paths.
>
>  This is not libtool's problem.

Sure it is libtool's problem!

Changing the .la after each package is not enough. If there is
embedded configure within configure, or if it is part of package
management, it cannot be simply done.

Also I am getting:
~/my/Development/opensc/windows/trunk/image $
i586-pc-linux-uclibc-readelf --dynamic root1/lib/libopensc.so

Dynamic section at offset 0x7be90 contains 27 entries:
  Tag        Type                         Name/Value
<snip>
 0x0000000f (RPATH)                      Library rpath:
[/home/alonbl/my/Development/opensc/windows/trunk/image/opensc/lib://lib]
 0x0000001d (RUNPATH)                    Library runpath:
[/home/alonbl/my/Development/opensc/windows/trunk/image/opensc/lib://lib]
 0x0000000c (INIT)                       0x6610

Notice the two pathes.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, you can review the script at [1]. It
should build all OpenSC packages for initramfs and Windows.

Currently libtool is the only tool making the problems, I need to keep
modifying the .la files over and over, and then restore them. And I
still get the full path of the host system within the libraries and
executables, this is unexpected side result of clean chroot.

Alon.

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/windows/browser/trunk/build