Re: lt_dlforeach replacement

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: lt_dlforeach replacement
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:00:59 +0200

Hello Arkadiusz,

* Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote on Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 12:18:25AM CEST:
> In recent libtool version lt_dlforeach function was dropped as part of
> deprecated API.
>
> What function is able to replace the same functionality, now?

lt_dlhandle_iterate is what comes closest.  But it requires the code to
be adjusted, because of the module loader interface cleanup.

> Trying to build gcc suite with new libltdl, it has such code:

Why are you trying to use GCC with updated libltdl?  It ships with a
perfectly usable copy.  Just use that one.  If it has a bug you need
fixed, I'd like to hear about it.  If you're preparing a patch to update
GCC to newer libltdl, I'd like to hear about it, too.  (The latter step
requires that GCC use updated libtool macros too, and that step needs
some care and preparations.)