Re: 1 compiler (called from 2 symbolic links) -> 2 different libtool scr

From: Ethan Mallove
Subject: Re: 1 compiler (called from 2 symbolic links) -> 2 different libtool scripts
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:17:05 -0400

On Thu, Jul/24/2008 09:51:20AM, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Ethan Mallove wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm using libtool with the Sun Studio Ceres compilers, and I
> > see a different resulting libtool script when I configure
> > with CC=sunCC versus CC=cc (though they both point to the
> > same executable). The Sun Studio installation has the below
> > symbolic links:
> >
> >   $ ls -l /opt/SUNWspro/bin/*CC
> >   lrwxrwxrwx 1 nik staff 14 Jul 11 15:33 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC ->
> > ../prod/bin/CC
> >   lrwxrwxrwx 1 nik staff 14 Jul 11 15:33 /opt/SUNWspro/bin/sunCC ->
> > ../prod/bin/CC
>
> > Is it possible the libtool macros do things differently
> > depending on a symlink name?
>
> The test is:
> case $cc_basename in
> CC*)
>
> So this does not match 'sunCC'.
>
> I guess we can change the test to match sunCC*|CC*).

That would be very helpful.

Could the test check the filename of the link target? Who
knows what symlinks might be named or renamed in the future.
Or could it check pre-defined compiler macros (see
http://predef.sourceforge.net/precomp.html), as in this
example:

  http://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/browser/trunk/config/ompi_check_vendor.m4

Thanks,