Re: Re: Re: a libtool program

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Re: Re: a libtool program
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 07:47:55 +0200

Hello,

please keep the mailing list in Cc:, thanks.  And please do not top-post
(i.e., write your answer above the mail you reply to).

* zqiang320 wrote on Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 05:09:41AM CEST:

>     I have chage the file configure.in and Makefile.am as your advice,but it
> is not work I have upload the source file, could you help me compile it?
> Thank you very much!
>
> http://rapidshare.de/files/40538689/test.tar.gz.html
>
> my configure.in
> AC_INIT(main, 0.1, address@hidden)
> AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gnu)
> AC_OUTPUT(Makefile libsbml/src/Makefile)
>
> my Makefile.am
>
> bin_PROGRAMS = main
> SUBDIRS = libsbml/src .
> main_SOURCES = main.c
> main_LDADD = sundials/src/cvodes/libsundials_cvodes.la
> sundials/src/nvec_ser/libsundials_nvecserial.la ./libsbml/src/libsbml.la -lm
> AM_CPPFLAGS = sundials/include libsbml/include
> my libsbml/src/Makefile.am

You need to use -Isundirals/include -I... here.

> AUTOMAKE_OPTS = gnu
> lib_LTLIBRARIES = libsbml.la
> libsbml_la_SOURCES = $(wildcard common/*.c common/*.cpp) $(wildcard math/*.c
> math/*.cpp) $(wildcard util/*.c util/*.cpp)

Unfortunately, automake does not understand these kind of wild cards
either.  You really have to list all source files.  If this list is very
long, it helps to write a small script to generate the Makefile.am file.

> AM_CPPFLAGS = ../include

This would need to be -I../include

> libsbml_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 0:0:0

Please, if you have further problems, do not write "it doesn't work".
Rather, please state exactly which commands you have tried, and post the
error output of those commands if they fail.  With that error, it is a
lot easier to see what is going wrong.