Re: Re: Re: a libtool program

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Re: Re: a libtool program
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:31:20 +0200

Hello,

please keep the libtool list in Cc:, otherwise you will probably not
receive any more help.  Thanks.

* zqiang320 wrote on Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 09:54:09AM CEST:

> when I execute automake, I got error message:
> $ automake --add-missing --copy
> configure.in: no proper invocation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE was found.
> configure.in: You should verify that configure.in invokes AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE,
> configure.in: that aclocal.m4 is present in the top-level directory,
> configure.in: and that aclocal.m4 was recently regenerated (using aclocal).

So please instead of running automake directly, use
  autoreconf -vi

> libsbml/src/Makefile.am:2: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
> libsbml/src/Makefile.am:2:   The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add
> `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
> libsbml/src/Makefile.am:2:   to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and
> `autoconf' again.
> libsbml/src/Makefile.am:2:   If `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' is in `configure.in', make
> sure
> libsbml/src/Makefile.am:2:   its definition is in aclocal's search path.

Ah, yes, you need to add
  AC_PROG_CC
  AC_PROG_CXX
  AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

to your configure.ac (right after AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE).

> Makefile.am: required file `./NEWS' not found
> Makefile.am: required file `./README' not found
> Makefile.am: required file `./AUTHORS' not found
> Makefile.am: required file `./ChangeLog' not found

Either add these files, or add the automake option 'foreign' to
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.  Then retry.