Re: How to disable building the shared version of one library (but not a

From: Roberto Bagnara
Subject: Re: How to disable building the shared version of one library (but not all)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 09:49:19 +0100

Jason Curl wrote:
Roberto Bagnara wrote:

Hi there,

I have a project that builds several libraries.  For most of them,
both the shared and static versions make sense, so I don't want
to use AC_DISABLE_STATIC.  However, for some of them the static
version does not make any sense.  How can I avoid the overhead
of building the static version of those?
Not a direct answer, but have you considered using convenience libraries for those which should be static, and have default shared?

Hi Jason,

yes, we use convenience libraries when appropriate.
But here the problem is the opposite: we want to build only
the shared libraries.
Thanks,

   Roberto

--