Re: Help with libtool 2.2.4 on kubuntu 8.10 [newbie]

From: Jan Leimbach
Subject: Re: Help with libtool 2.2.4 on kubuntu 8.10 [newbie]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 22:44:44 +0100

Hallo Ralf,

danke für Deine schnelle Antwort.

Da ich recht neu in der Programmierung unter Linux bin, wird mich Deine Antwort sicher ein paar Tage beschäftigt halten =)

Wünsche Dir einen schönen Abend...

Grüße
Jan

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:37 PM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Jan,

* Jan Leimbach wrote on Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:22:10PM CET:

> i just tried to run the "Hello World" example c++ project in Kdevelop
> as i got the output below.
>
> Can anyone support me please and tell me what i did wrong?

You are mixing an ltmain.sh file from Libtool 1.5.x with macro files
(libtool.m4 and others) from Libtool 2.2.x, or vice versa.

The macro files may have been copied into your package with 'libtoolize
--install', or 'aclocal --install', or their contents copied into the
aclocal.m4 file from aclocal.  All of this may have been caused by
autoreconf, or a bootstrap script.

The solution is to point aclocal to the right macro files.  By default,
it looks in $prefix/share/aclocal, where $prefix is the prefix where
Automake was installed.

You can add search paths to aclocal for example by listing directories
in the file $prefix/share/aclocal/dirlist.

Hope that helps.