Re: Help with libtool 2.2.4 on kubuntu 8.10 [newbie]

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: Help with libtool 2.2.4 on kubuntu 8.10 [newbie]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:21:23 +0000

Rafał Mużyło wrote:

The problem here is KDevelop. It's using autotools
in a such hacky way, that the only sane way to fix it,
is to manually set things up.

Is there a good reason not to ship the autotools with
a script to build a template directory?  (This probably
belongs on the autoconf list, and in fact I brought it
up briefly on that list a few weeks ago.)  I tried
using KDevelop briefly once but found that it was
not very useful, primarily because the tree it created
needed a lot of modification.

It seems like it would be feasible to generate a useful,
functional, modern, and reasonably flexible dir tree
that would work 99% of the time.  Is there a use case?
It seems to me that it would be a great help for the
novice.

--
William Pursell