Re: Dependencies with static library

From: Erich Hoover
Subject: Re: Dependencies with static library
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:07:55 -0700

Is (B) also linked with libtool?  If so, is the *.la file installed?
That's where libtool gets the metadata required to know when to link to
additional libraries.

Yes, and yes.  I'm using libtool through autoconf/automake for both the library "B" and the application "A".  Everything works fine when I have things linked dynamically, it appears that some of my LDFLAGS were messing with libtool and gcc.

After a combination of guessing and searching I discovered that by fixing my LDFLAGS and adding the flag "-static-libtool-libs" that everything appears to link OK.  However, what I'd really like to do is just include "B" and "C" statically and not statically include all of the other more common libraries (in this case, all of GTK+).

Erich Hoover
address@hidden