Re: Building a Libtool 2 package with libltdl from 1.5

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Building a Libtool 2 package with libltdl from 1.5
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:51:26 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

The question now is: will people be able to build tarballs that come
with Libtool 2.2 with <ltdl.h> from Libtool 1.5?

I don't think there was ever any intention for libtool 2.2.X to work with libltdl from libtool 1.5.X. If libltdl is not bundled with the package, then it should be possible to use an already installed libltdl from libtool 1.5.X.

I am suspicious that the way libtool 2.2.X bundles libltdl may sometimes fail if a libltdl from 1.5.X is already installed and the user does not request to use the bundled libltdl.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn