Re: Static Library Linking Issue

From: Gavin Norman
Subject: Re: Static Library Linking Issue
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:00:50 +1100

If I try and link the static libs with LDFLAGS -version-info, rather then
static, I get a large amount of undefined reference errors from the shared
object file:

../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`PpropFindProp'
../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`HrGetOneProp'
../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`MAPIAllocateBu
ffer'

../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`MAPIAdminProfi
les'

../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`MAPIAllocateMo
re'

../../common/.libs/libcommon_mapi.so.1.0: undefined reference to
`HrSetOneProp'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:43:39 -0600 (CST), Bob Friesenhahn
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Nov 2008, Gavin Norman wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to link a module library that can be used for dlopen against
>> a static lib. This is the issue I get:
>
> Libtool will not allow that since it can't assure that the static
> library has been built appropriately to do anything more than core
> dump.  However, you can use a libtool convenience library, which is
> always assured to have been built appropriately for use in a shared
> library or module.
>
> Bob
> Bob Friesenhahn
> address@hidden,