Re: func_emit_cwrapperexe_src() errors with mingw32ce

From: Roumen Petrov
Subject: Re: func_emit_cwrapperexe_src() errors with mingw32ce
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 23:28:57 +0200

Vincent Torri wrote:

Hey,

Natively, the Windows CE OS has no concept of environment variable. Hence, when mingw32ce is used, func_emit_cwrapperexe_src() fails because of missing getenv() and putenv() (or setenv() also, of course). I don't know what to do here (removing or not thee calls, as I don't know why they are used.

There are also 2 other functions that are missing with that compiler:

 * getcwd()

May be a port function that return always "\Temp" is work around?

it's possible to get the path where the current process is launched. Again, i don't know if it's simpler to remove that call or if one should provide a way to have the path where the process is launched.

 * _spawnv()

A code based on CreateProcess ?

i don't know any simple way to fake that function. Maybe one should add another test in the 'host' case for that specific compiler which wo do nothing (in that case, one can remove the #ifndef in the case the host is mingw*)

Vincent Torri

If wince lack working emulator may libtool omit creation of wrapper  ?

Roumen