info about modules

From: Emanuele Giaquinta
Subject: info about modules
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:42:35 +0100

Hi,

I have an application which can optionally build two libtool modules. I
would like to detect in configure.in if it is actually possible to build
modules and disable them if not, but the only (undocumented) useful
variable I found is can_build_shared. My configure.in currently also
checks if it is possible to link a module to a shared library, is this
test useful at all or can I assume it works?

Thanks,

Emanuele Giaquinta