Re: Migrating from 1.5.x to 2.2.x

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Migrating from 1.5.x to 2.2.x
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 07:54:02 +0100

Hello Jason,

* Jason Curl wrote on Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:19:57PM CET:
> Ignoring that my macro obviously won't work with 2.2.x, I'm using Cygwin
> and I've come across my first problem. The old libtool is removed
> (1.5.27a) and the new is installed (at least I think the old is removed).
>
> I deleted my aclocal.m4 file and I autoreconf. I do see that the new
> libtool is being picked up by autotools as when configure I get errors
> where I'd expect and it knows not to check for C++ or Fortran anymore.
> "config.lt" generates the file "libtool" and thats where things start to
> get stuck.

'get stuck' is pretty vague.  Please make it more specific by posting
the command you issued, and cut-and-pasting its output.  Since you seem
to have a macro that interferes with Libtool macros, please post it, too
(or a link if it's large or you've already posted it).  Showing contents
of configure.ac can help, too, but I'd be able to tell better with more
information.

PS: <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html> has a
section that covers "it doesn't work".