Libtool 2.2.x and getting library filename

From: Jason Curl
Subject: Libtool 2.2.x and getting library filename
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 09:57:12 +0100

Hello,

I've not heard an answer from my previous post and plunged into libtool 2.2.6a. To my surprise, except for one hitch, it works pretty well with only some small changes to my macros.

I've still got the same problem with libtool 2.2.x, in that I still can't determine a way to figure out what the name of my library will be. I've read through the libtool manual, I can use the variables to get filenames and I've got something working, but the output of "libtool --config" is missing some important info that the libtool script uses to generate filenames, such as the version numbers. One has to rummage through the m4 macros and the libtool script and borrow code from there.

I'm still missing how to get the versions that will be used. In particular on irix I can't easily determine what "$major" is going to be before I use "library_names_spec" (it could be $current-$age or $current-$age+1).

Help is appreciated.

Cheers
Jason.