Re: cccl usage

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: cccl usage
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 20:24:35 +0100

Den 2009-01-07 20:07 skrev Ralf Wildenhues:
Hi Peter,

* Peter Rosin wrote on Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 02:09:38PM CET:
Ralf, I have a vague memory of you mentioning that you knew of a
project that was using cccl to provide its Windows port, do you
remember which project that was? Is anyone else aware of any cccl
users?

Hmm.  Markus Duft started out with cccl IIRC, but quickly switched to
implementing his own program.  Benoit has made some changes to the
script, maybe he knows more (Cc:ed).  OpenMPI has tried it but dropped
it: <http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2008/11/4959.php>
My favorite search engine tells me that it's been used for Octave and a
few other programs.

Yeah, I saw that post on the OpenMPI list... I'll ask on the Octave list.

Are you looking for reasons to not support cccl?  :-)

No, I'm trying to check if the pr-msvc-support branch affects cccl users,
but I have to patch cccl so heavily for it to be usable with libtool that
it feels totally irrelevant.

If anything, I'd wish users would want *less* different setups and
programs on w32.  I mean, what can we do to help consolidate the mess
(except picking one setup and only supporting that)?

The mess is mainly caused by nothing being supported except by picking
up the pieces distributed across the entire web. Which is why I'm
aiming for only requiring a minimal MSYS install.

Available time is so rare ATM, sorry for all the huge delays.

I want all my money back, immediately! :-)

Cheers,
Peter