Issues with latest libtool version

From: Ravi Kumar
Subject: Issues with latest libtool version
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 09:41:59 -0700

Hi Folks,

I had my app compiled and running on OpenSuse 10.2 / SLE 10 , which comes with libtool version of 1.5.26. Now i am trying to build my client on OpenSuse 11.1 or SLE 11 where the libtool version is 2.2 . Here with the latest version automake was exiting with status 1 and Makefiles were not getting generated. After some debugging , i downgraded the verion of libtool to the previous version 1.5.* and everything went fine for me in compiling.

Looking forward for your valuable inputs to making my code compatible with the latest version.

Thanks & regards,

Ravi