Re: Suppressing --whole-archive

From: Barthelemy von Haller
Subject: Re: Suppressing --whole-archive
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 15:22:51 +0100

Hi Ralf,

Ralf Wildenhues a écrit :
[...]
Do files /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la and /usr/lib/mysql/libz.la
exist, and if yes, could you please post their contents?
Yes they exist.

[...]

OK, now I'm officially confused.  Both of the libraries are not
convenience archives (as indicated by the nonempty 'libdir' and
'installed' settings).  So I still don't see where this whole archive
thingy comes from.  Could be one of the other libraries.  But in order
to be able to say for sure, I would need to look at the output of
  /bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --config

as well as the output of the --mode=link command line above, with
--debug added as first argument after ../../libtool.  Please gzip this
output, it will be large.
I am not completely sure of what you asked in second (--mode=link) but here is what I did :
/bin/sh ../../libtool --tag=CXX --config > libtoolOutput1.txt
/bin/sh ../../libtool --debug --tag=CXX --mode=link > libtoolOutput2.txt 2>&1 I would be pleased to send other information if that was not what you meant.
I attached a tgz with the two files.
Thanks,
Ralf
Thanks a lot, and have a nice week-end !
Barth

--
Barthélémy von Haller
address@hidden