Re: problem to create a "noinst_LTLIBRARIES" shared libraray

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: problem to create a "noinst_LTLIBRARIES" shared libraray
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:41:42 +0200

Hello Andreas,

* Andreas Otto wrote on Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 10:32:07AM CEST:
>  I currently writing a java JNI extension used only for local "check" and
>  this library should *not* be installed.

In that case, you need to add '-rpath /whereever' to
libjavatestmsgque_la_LDFLAGS.  In addition to -module,
it is also useful to add -avoid-version.

>   The problem is that I  need a shared library for dlopen using java
[...]
> but automake/libtool only create a *static* library even if the "_LDFLAGS"
> -module is used

Yes, libtool also has a (little-used and probably little-known) concept
of static (preopened) modules.

Hope that helps.  Please do not post the same question on two separate
mailing lists, without waiting for a day and pointing to the first one
in the second one.  Thanks.