Re: build problem on windows

From: Andreas Otto
Subject: Re: build problem on windows
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:03:15 +0200

Am Samstag 09 Mai 2009 20:10:05 schrieb Ralf Wildenhues:
> Hello Andreas,
>
> thanks for the report.
>
> * Andreas Otto wrote on Fri, May 08, 2009 at 05:49:24PM CEST:
> >   this is the setup, cygwin build for mingw host
> >
> > environment automake/autoconf and libtool
> >

> > bash ./configure    --prefix=/tmp/libmsgque-install \
> >                     CC="gcc -mno-cygwin" \
> >                     --host=i686-pc-mingw32 \
> >                     --build=i686-pc-cygwin \
> >
> > the mail library have to be linked with ws2_32
>
> Which Libtool and Autoconf versions are you using?  If not the latest
> release, try upgrading first.  There are however currently a few pending
> patches for w32 cross compilation cases, I'm not sure whether they
> address this.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralf

HI,

  I allread debug the problem down ....
  I allways using the cygwin latest
        automake-1.10
        autoconf-2.63

$ ./libtool -v
libtool: error: you must specify a MODE.

        -> this is an other bug

$ ./libtool --version
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 2.2.6
Written by Gordon Matzigkeit <address@hidden>, 1996

  1. the libtool add allways a "lib" prefix to the libraries added

        insted searching for ws2_32, libtool search for libws2_32
                even in the /cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32
        directory

        if change the created "libtool" image
                from:           libname_spec="lib\$name"
                to:             libname_spec="\$name"

        and everything works fine without problem
        even the libraries created have the name what I want :^⁾

  2. can you please submit a "host" target which create
        really native "windows" lib without any prefix
        added by libtool

        currectly I have to fix the libtool after every
        configuration by hand

mfg

  Andreas Otto