Re: failure during build - Tpo file not found

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: failure during build - Tpo file not found
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:44:12 +0200

* Jared Nance wrote on Fri, May 15, 2009 at 06:48:16PM CEST:
> Thanks for the suggestion.  After upgrading autoconf & automake, I get
> these errors:
> [maxwell] ~/Code/git_repos/ta_autotools/auto_t ~ autoconf
> configure.ac:13: warning: AC_CACHE_VAL(lt_prog_compiler_pic_works, ...):
> suspicious cache-id, must contain _cv_ to be cached

Yeah, ignore that, it's harmless and has been fixed since in Libtool.

> But all warnings, so it lets me go ahead.  When I try to do a make, I
> get the same error I was getting before, with a new hitch:

Thanks.  I overlooked in your first message this:

> lib_LTLIBRARIES=libTrackAnalysis.la
> libTrackAnalysis_la_SOURCES= dictTOP.C dictTOP.h src/
> TrackedOpticalPhoton.cpp

Is this line wrap only?   It should be src/TrackedOpticalPhoton.cpp
without a space in between.

> libTrackAnalysis_la_CPPFLAGS= -L$(ROOTSYS)/lib/root -I$(ROOTSYS)/
> include/root -lCore -lRIO -lTree -lcint -lPhysics -I$(RATROOT)/src/stlplus
> -I$(RATROOT)/include -L$(RATROOT)/lib -lRATEvent_Darwin-g++

Listing link flags in *_CPPFLAGS is wrong, and I'm not sure what effect
it can have on your compiler.  Please try this instead:

libTrackAnalysis_la_CPPFLAGS= -I$(ROOTSYS)/include/root
-I$(RATROOT)/src/stlplus -I$(RATROOT)/include
libTrackAnalysis_la_LDFLAGS= -L$(ROOTSYS)/lib/root -lCore -lRIO -lTree -lcint
-lPhysics -L$(RATROOT)/lib -lRATEvent_Darwin-g++

In case either $(ROOTSYS) or $(RATROOT) refer to in-tree locations, you
should replace the respective in-tree libraries with direct references
to the *.la files: ../lib/root/libcint.la.

Hope that helps.  Otherwise please again post the remaining failure.